** Syllabus file will be added to your cart with this item.
- List the neurologic processes causing pain and suffering and the principles of pain assessment.
- Discuss treatment modalities for primary and secondary headaches, including migraine and rare cephalagias.
- List the “red flags” of medication abuse and approaches to reduce opioid addiction.
- Describe the differential diagnosis of dental vs. cervical and cervicogenic pain and the appropriate intervention for both.
- List steps involved in the diagnosis and management of spinal pain, including physical and occupation therapy.
- Describe how the information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
- Describe for this course, the implications for nursing, dentistry, mental health, and other health professions.
N. Katz, M.D., Ph.D.