** Exam/Evaluation and Syllabus files will be added to your cart with this item.
- Compare and contrast the different forms of diabetes.
- Explain why the number of cases of Type 2 diabetes is expanding worldwide.
- Describe how gut health impacts metabolic health and diabetes risk.
- Outline potential complications of diabetes as well as appropriate interventions.
- Recognize how insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetes are linked to other conditions such as cognitive decline, depression, cancer sleep disorders, and periodontal disease.
- State the rationale for individualized blood sugar targets.
- Outline the specific strategies to prevent, manage, and potentially reverse Type 2 diabetes, including lifestyle, surgical, and pharmacologic interventions.
- Describe how the information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
- Describe, for this course, the implications for dentistry, mental health, and other health professions.